- Week 1 Update
The first week of the 2016 Legislative session is in the books. With a flurry of activity, there has been a non-stop pace that comes with moving many different priorities during a 35 day session.
- Campaign Advocacy Day - Thank you to everyone who participated in the Campaign for Oregon's Seniors & People with Disabilities Advocacy Day. Advocates shared about the importance of programs that help lower elder abuse and the need to reinstate funding for the Gatekeeper program during this session. Thank you all for your participation!
- Legislative Conference Calls - O4AD hosted our first Legislative Conference Call on Friday. We appreciate everyone who joined the call. Please plan on joining us on Friday, February 12th at 10:30 am for our next call to update you on the session! You can call in using the following information: Conference call dial in number: 1-866-200-5786. User Code: 5055419.
- You can access our one pages on the Gatekeeper program and our work to restore funding for this important abuse prevention program via our website. We have two documents for your use:
Updated bill tracking
O4AD has posted our most recent bill tracking and bill scheduling calendar on our website. Please access this here:
- O4AD Bill Tracking Report: http://www.o4ad.org/uploads/5/9/2/2/59228911/o4ad_bill_tracking_report_020616.pdf
- O4AD Bill Calendar Report: http://www.o4ad.org/uploads/5/9/2/2/59228911/o4ad_bill_hearing_calendar_020616.pdf
Media outlets provide a variety of perspectives on the session. We have compiled a few articles to gain insight into the session:
- Oregon Live: A look at the housing/renter protection bills moving forward. Click HERE to read.
- Oregon Live; A look at minimum wage proposals. Click HERE to read about movement of bills. Click HERE to read about proposals unveiled last week.