Oregon’s 2016 Legislative Session, slated for 35 days, is off and running on Monday. O4AD will be working daily in the Capitol to advance services and supports for seniors and people with disabilities including our priority to restore Gatekeeper funding to lower abuse in our communities.
There are many ways you can be involved.
- Campaign for Oregon’s Seniors & People with Disabilities Advocacy Day. On Thursday, February 4, the Campaign, a coalition of groups that are working to support senior and disability priorities, will be hosting their Advocacy Day. The focus of this day will be restoration of the Gatekeeper program funding, a community based program to help lower elder abuse. If you are interested in participating, sign up now at: HERE.
- Advocacy Check Ins. O4AD will be hosting Advocacy Check Ins during the 2016 session. There are two options to participate. We will have Room 350 in the Capitol (Follow this link to a map of the Capitol HERE) available on Fridays during the session for advocates to meet, chat or just take a break. We will hold our weekly legislative call from Room 350 – come on by for some snacks, to catch up on the session, to meet with legislators and listen in on hearings!
- Legislative Conference Calls. We will also be hosting a weekly legislative conference call to update on the progress of the session. Our first Legislative Call will be
- Friday, February 5. 10:45 am. Call in: 1-866-200-5786. User code: 5055419.
- We will have calls scheduled each Friday (February 5, 12, 19, 26), tentatively at 10:45 am. Please use the same call in information. We will update weekly if the time needs to change!
- Stay up to date with O4AD’s legislative updates via email. If you haven’t signed up, you can sign up today at www.o4ad.org. The sign up is on our front page! We will be posting our bill tracking lists, talking points and more!
- Forward updates to friends so they can sign up as well.
- Be ready to engage and advocate for the issues that affect Oregon’s seniors and people with disabilities. We need all of your voices! Stay tuned for targeted opportunities for engagement!
Please do not hesitate to contact O4AD with any questions or for information we can provide! 503.463.8692. firstname.lastname@example.org